- Baart Programs
- Curry Senior Center
- HealthRight 360
- Mission Neighborhood Health Center
- Native American Health Center
- North East Medical Services
- San Francisco Community Health Center
- San Francisco Free Clinic
- South of Market Health Center
- St. Anthony Medical Clinic
- Planned Parenthood of N. CA
- Street Outreach Services
- Veterinary Street Outreach Services
who we are
Street Outreach Services (SOS) is the mobile outreach component of SFCCC’s Health Care for the Homeless (HCH) program. Since 1988, SOS has provided high-quality, nonjudgmental health services directly to homeless people in places where they live and congregate.
Through its Vet SOS project, SOS offers free veterinary care to the companion animals of homeless San Franciscans as a creative way of linking their human guardians with health care services.
what we do
Traveling in a medical van to sites throughout San Francisco, the dedicated SOS team of doctors, nurses, outreach workers, and volunteers creates “clinics without walls” at soup kitchens, on city streets, under freeway overpasses, and in parks.
How we do it
By going directly to homeless people - meeting them on their own turf - the SOS team builds relationships of trust, and breaks down the barriers that keep homeless people from the care they need and deserve.
Follow us on Facebook for updates and stories.
- Connect homeless San Franciscans to health services by breaking down the barriers that keep them from care
- Train future health providers in the successful care of homeless people and other vulnerable populations
- On-site preventive and urgent health care
- Connection to a medical home (a doctor or nurse practitioner and clinic) for long-term primary care
- Linkage to other needed resources, e.g., mental health, substance recovery, dental services, legal support
- Assistance with housing and benefits applications
- Distribution of health and hygiene supplies
- Transportation assistance
Each year over 1,000 homeless San Franciscans receive care from us, improving their lives and the health delivery system.
Each year over 50 medical residents, medical students, and nursing students receive hands-on training from our skilled multidisciplinary team.
Click here to access some data about SFCCC's Street Outreach Services Program.
San Francisco Community Clinic Consortium
2720 Taylor St., Suite 430
San Francisco, CA 94133
- Gubbio Project
- Lava Mae
- Martin de Porres House of Hospitality
- Most Holy Redeemer Catholic Church
- Project Homeless Connect/Simply the Basics
- San Francisco Department of Public Health
- San Francisco Food Bank
- United Council of Human Services/Mother Brown’s Dining Room
- University of California at San Francisco
- University of San Francisco