JOB TITLE: Program Associate DEV. DATE: 12/08/2015
DEPARTMENTS: Clinical Affairs REVISED DATE:
PAYROLL: Regular Part Time (60%) / Non-Exempt SALARY LEVEL: III
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Director, Continuous Quality Improvement, the Program Associate is responsible for providing a wide range of program, administrative, and clerical support activities in the areas of Clinical Affairs for SFCCC.
The intent of this job description is to provide a summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this position and shall not be considered an all-inclusive description of work required that may be inherent in the position.
Reports to: Director, Continuous Quality Improvement / Chief Medical Officer
Interpersonal skills: Maintains collaborative working relationships with SFCCC staff, SFCCC clinic staff, SFCCC Board members, and other community and government agency staff
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serves as point of contact for SFCCC peer groups and distributes information to clinic staff.
2. Provides administrative support for Clinical Affairs Department, including but not limited to: meetings and events hosted by Department. Key areas of this Duty; by collecting agenda items; reserving venues, inviting guests, ordering food, preparing handouts and PowerPoint presentations; photocopying and / or uploading materials to an Internet cloud-based file system; and takes minutes and distributes them to relevant parties.
3. Records and prepares minutes of meetings.
4. Tracks and sends reminder notices for sub-recipient deadlines.
5. Collects and organizes QI data.
6. Maintains and updates electronic filing systems.
7. Conducts some Internet and other program-related research (e.g. search for quality measures, identify disease burden locally, across California and nationally and recommended screenings through health officials).
8. Compiles and assists in the collection and presentation of QI data.
9. Provides back-up support for agency reception by managing phones and mail and greeting visitors during lunch breaks.
10. Complies with SFCCC Corporate Compliance and Personnel policies and procedures, and reports any conduct or event that potentially violates legal, compliance or personnel requirements. Fully participates in any related investigation or proceeding.
11. Performs other duties, including clerical and administrative support, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
1. Two years of college education is required; Bachelor’s degree in health related field is desirable.
2. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; English literacy and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
3. Demonstrated ability to work effectively, cooperatively and collaboratively as a member of a team in widely different environments, among diverse organizations and with diverse staff composition.
4. Basic understanding of community health centers, medical concepts and HIPAA.
5. Proven proficiency in MS Office programs and some experience with programs that store, combine, manage, validate, analyze, and produce graphic representations of large data sets.
6. Familiarity with web site and blog posting processes.
7. Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and assignments.
8. Problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and under pressure to meet established deadlines.
9. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time, interpersonal relationships, resources and information and to exercise sound independent judgment.
1. Experience providing the type of support described in “Duties and Responsibilities” above for professional staff is preferred.
2. Work experience with non-profit agencies desirable.
3. Experience working with health care programs desirable.
1. Work schedule will be generally fixed within a 9 am – 5 pm weekday framework; however, some flexibility is required to meet program needs, for example, meetings that occur outside this time frame.
2. Team working environment where staff assist as needed on agency priority projects.
3. Some travel in San Francisco required to provide support to administrative meetings.