President and CEO
The Board of Directors seeks an experienced, vision centered President/CEO for SFCCC. SFCCC is an association of eleven nonprofit health centers serving 100,000 patients annually. SFCCC serves as the City/County’s federal Health Care for the Homeless Grantee and Ryan White HIV/AIDS Part C Grantee. Services are provided through well administered clinical network structure with SFCCC providing mobile health care services for outreach, treatment for homeless patients. SFCCC’s 35 years of work has focused on creating new models and funding of access to care, movement towards Value Based Care through centralized Continuous Quality Assurance Board work, a workforce development program and policy/advocacy leadership on local state and national level.
SFCCC is seeking mission driven leader with a focus to the future. Through strong strategic skills the CEO will provide guidance and advance the direction of SFCCC in working with the local health care delivery systems to improve access, quality and financing. The CEO will work with an exceptional Executive Management Team.
Strong candidates will have experience with HRSA community health center funded program, demonstrated skills in visionary leadership and strategic thinking with a demonstrated result oriented approach to achieving SFCCC Vision, Mission, Strategic Plan and SFCCC funded programs. The CEO must have extensive background in private and public grantsmanship, team leadership and strong financial management skills. SFCCC has a unique governance model that requires a unique set of skills in member management in collaboration with HRSA funded governance.
Reports to: Chair, Board of Directors
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Vision and Strategy
- Provide leadership to the SFCCC Board of Directors and SFCCC staff in refining and implementing the vision and strategy for the organization and developing related business and funding plans.
- Direct an on-going, inclusive, strategic planning process and ensure strategies are implemented through operating goals and objectives.
- Provide regular updates on progress toward achievement of the goals and objective of the Strategic Plan and on-going programs.
- Work with Board leadership to develop an engaged and effective Board of Directors and support Board development activities.
- Educate Board regarding health care policy changes and issues.
- Clarify Board and staff roles and foster effective communication between Board and SFCCC Executive Management Team.
- Work with Board to monitor the SFCCC Corporate Compliance Program.
- Educate and serve as a resource for elected and appointed government officials on health care issues and community-based health care.
- Develop and circulate public policy position statements to the public and health care professionals.
- Serve on national, state and local Boards and advisory panels.
- Serve as a liaison between public policy officials and the partner health centers.
- Publicly advocate for policies and legislation that will support community health centers.
- Develop and maintain strategic alliances with other agencies to advance SFCCC’s agenda.
- Promote SFCCC to the media and create and maintain linkages between the media and the partner health centers.
- Ensure that a qualified Executive Management Team is in place to adequately maintain agency functions.
- Determine the optimal organization structure, systems, and processes to adequately support partner health centers and patient services as well as maintain internal effectiveness while minimizing administrative costs.
Continuous Quality Improvement and Program Evaluation
- Work with SFCCC Board to assure a CQI program is functioning for the majority of programs and services offered by SFCCC.
- Regularly report to the SFCCC Board of Directors on CQI outcomes.
- Ensure development and implementation of program evaluation.
- Oversee the development and implementation of fund development plans that support the organizations strategies and goals.
- Create linkages between funders, health centers and SFCCC.
- Provide leadership in conceptualizing new community health center projects for Board approval and implementation.
- Oversee budget development and implementation.
- Establish and monitor financial controls.
- Work with sub recipients to assure compliance with state funding requirements for funds received through SFCCC.
- Assure compliance to grant conditions.
- Administers Corporate Compliance Program including periodic reviews and revisions.
- Supervises Corporate Compliance Officer.
- Complies with SFCCC Corporate Compliance and Personnel policies and procedures and reports any conduct or event that potentially violates legal, compliance or personnel requirements.
- Fully participates in any related investigation or proceeding.
The President/CEO of SFCCC should have at least 10 years of successful and progressively responsible experience in health care management and relationship building with at least 5 years at the senior management level. A Master’s Degree in Administration or related field is also a requirement.
- Experience and credibility with health care organizations and community providers.
- Experience in health care policy and operations.
- Proven leadership skills including: organizational development, personnel and fiscal management, fund development, strategic planning and establishing collaborative relationships with diverse constituents.
- A track record of successfully building relationships and communicating effectively with various types of audiences and constituents from diverse cultures with different needs and multiple goals.
- Experience working with a diverse Board of Directors.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- Highly proactive, and visionary.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Creative thinker, open to new ideas.
- Ability to interface with media, legislative representatives and high-level government and agency officials.
- Highly skilled in delivering formal presentations to diverse audiences.
- Political savvy, diplomacy and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with very diverse constituencies.
Please send resume and cover letter detailing individual's qualifications as an ideal candidate for this position to Jobs@sfccc.org. Please apply no later than April 15, 2017