SFCCC calls upon our elected leaders to:
- Health Center Appropriations – increase funding by $300 million so that we see more persons needing low cost, community based quality primary care.
- Area Health Education Centers (AHECs) – fund the program at $36 million. This program is a core support to the staff development of health centers. Through AHECs the country is assured of a health care workforce pipeline program. Students to graduates to current working health professionals will have top quality programs in all forms of health care services.
- Ryan White Programs – HIV and AIDS is still a national concern. Through Ryan White Program, patients receive primary care, dental services, medications that help them to be productive, healthy and often working Americans.
- Title X Program – funding at the $293 million for the national Family Planning Program has resulted in healthier babies, healthy pregnancies, reduction in teen pregnancy and the opportunity for a woman to choose the best time in her life for a pregnancy.
- National Health Service Corp of $300 million supports doctors, nurse, dentists, social workers and other health care professional to serve a period of time in a shortage area. Following their service, a grant is given to offset their financial debt of school.
- Prevention and Public Health Fund: With the $4 billion over 10 years, we can fight diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, cardio- vascular disease, TB and much more. For the first time in the US history, we will have a strong and effective Prevention Program to improve the Country’s health.