· Alexa Madrid, SFCCC Consumer Advisory Panel Member
· Cyndi Musto BSN MA, Clinical Nurse Educator, NEMS
· Jennifer Mangaccat RN Nurse Manager, St. Anthony Medical Clinic
· John Hunsaker MPP MBA, Director of QI, SFCCC
· Beth Midanik-Blum MA, Clinic Manager, Women's Community Clinic
· Maribel Lopez MA Case Manager, Mission Neighborhood Health Center
· Merrill Buice MPH MCP, Director, Health Care Coverage & Access
· Octavio Nevarez, QI Manager, HealthRIGHT 360
Thanks to a grant from the Blue Shield of California Foundation, these eight staff and patients representing SFCCC and six of our member health centers can now provide training to providers and front line staff on motivational interviewing techniques and communication skills. Core skills include teaching others to practice empathy, open-ended questioning, and reflective listening, all of which have been demonstrated in clinical trials to increase patient adherence to taking life-saving medication and increase healthy behaviors. These skills will lead to better clinical outcomes, lower per patient cost, and increased patient and staff satisfaction – and improve the quality of life for the communities and 100,000 patients our clinics serve.
For additional information, or the request a training, please contact John Hunsaker, SFCCC’s Director of Quality Improvement, at email@example.com or by calling (415) 355-2274.