Expanding Community-based Solutions to Heal Trauma
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
11:30 A.M. - 12:30 P.M. PT / 2:30 P.M. - 3:30 P.M. ET
Often, youth of color are punished in the classroom, workplace, penal system and in community for misunderstood behaviors that are natural responses to trauma. The Alliance for Boys and Men of Color invites you to a webinar that will discuss:
- the negative impacts youth and families of color experience when public systems neglect to use trauma-informed practices and upstream strategies to promote healing and prevent trauma in communities;
- the uses and limitations of dominant social science research on trauma;
- methodologies that meaningfully reflect the lives of the populations we serve; and
- identifying behavioral responses to trauma and how to use that information to create policy and systems change that can address a misguided reliance on medication and the penal system, to heal people and communities.
Please join us on March 22nd for this powerful discussion!
• Dalila Butler, PolicyLink (moderator)
• Kanwarpal Dhaliwal, RYSE