The Bay Area Women + Health Care Reform Coalition Cordially Invites You To:
Fulfilling the Promise of Health Care Reform for Women:
Expanding Access + Exploring Pathways to Coverage
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
8:30 AM – 12:00 PM
668 13th Street
With the second wave of open enrollment in full swing, join the Bay Area Women + Health Care Reform coalition for Fulling the Promise of Health Care Reform for Women: Expanding Access + Exploring Pathways to Coverage. The event will take place on Tuesday, January 13, 2015. Registration + networking breakfast will begin at 8:30 AM with the program promptly opening at 9:00 AM.
This free community forum will discuss where we are in providing new pathways to health coverage, barriers that remain and opportunities for expanding access for all through advocacy and enhanced collaboration.
Participants will strengthen their knowledge about health care reform to educate clients and community members.
Forum plenary presentations and round table discussions will focus on:
- The women’s health benefits included in the Affordable Care Act
- The status of health care reform implementation across the Bay Area
- Medi-Cal and Covered California eligibility qualifications and enrollment
- Coverage options available for immigrants with different legal statuses and other special populations
- The collective action steps needed to protect and expand health access for all
Who should attend:
- Front-line staff and advocates
- Case workers
- Community-based organization staff
- Community stakeholders interested in pathways to coverage
Please RSVP by January 9, 2015. Register online here.