SFCCC will be posting outreach and education events that are open to the public and sponsored by non- profit community based organizations, and elected officials as we learn about them. If you would like to publicize an event open to the public please contact Deena Lahn firstname.lastname@example.org 415 355-2262.
Assembly Member Tom Ammiano is hosting a forum targeted to people who work with seniors and persons with disabilities.
When? Friday, October 11, 2013, 10:00 – 12:00
Where? Milton Marks Conference Center
San Francisco State Building
455 Golden Gate Ave, lower level
What? ACA Forum for people who work with seniors and people with disabilities.
- Learn what the Medicaid (Medi-Cal) expansion means and who will benefit from it
- How does healthcare reform impact seniors on both Medicare and Medi-Cal
- What does reform mean for people UNDER age 65 and how is this different for people OVER age 65
- What does reform mean for people with disabilities who get IHSS or other “Long Term Services and Supports”?
For more information and to RSVP contact: James Chionsini at Senior & Disability Action 415-546-1333, Ext. 304, email@example.com Or Jessica Rothhaar 510-414-5918, firstname.lastname@example.org
Assembly members Tom Ammiano and Phil Ting, in partnership with Supervisor London Breed are holding a community forum called “Get the Facts “ to help San Franciscans learn about their options under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). During this forum, community members can
When: Wednesday October 23, 2013 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Where: West Bay Conference Center, 2nd floor, 1290 Fillmore Street, SF
What: Community Meeting to Learn About Medi-Cal, Covered California and Healthy San Francisco: Get your Questions Answered about what the Affordable Care Act means for you!
- Learn how to access affordable, quality health care insurance
- Find out what premium assistance may be available
- Hear from expert panelists from Covered CA, Health SF, and the CA Department of Health Care Services.
For more information and to RSVP call 415 557-2312 or 415 557-3013