SFCCC asks Congress to protect Funding for National Service

Here at SFCCC, we have a successful HealthCorp program:  not only do our HealthCorp (AmeriCorp) volunteers help clinics provide services to their patients, but there is a clear link between participation in our HealthCorp program and a desire for a career in public health and medicine. Of our graduates, 80% are accepted into graduate or medical school post-service and go on to become doctors, nurses, social workers, and other health professionals. The majority of the remaining 20% are hired on by their placement site or attain paid positions in community-based or health care organizations.    Please see below for a message from Voices for National Service regarding funding for this and other national service programs:

 

Dear Friend of Service,

 Over the last few months, we have worked together to ask Congress to agree on a budget deal to avoid devastating cuts to national service. While Congress has passed a two-year budget deal, the fight is not over yet. That deal does not guarantee that national service will be safe from the cuts proposed by House and Senate appropriators. Congress is making decisions about funding for specific programs NOW.

Help us ask Congress to protect funding for national service!

It's time to remind them that the American people want them to invest in national service. And remember, we have the polling data to prove it!

TAKE ACTION

Here are three quick and easy ways you can #stand4service and help to protect national service funding:

1. Get active on social media. Ask your member of Congress to #Stand4Service.

2. E-mail your member of Congress. Ask them to support national service funding today.

3. Submit a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. Make sure your community understands what’s at stake and your elected officials know you’re paying attention.

 LEARN MORE

 Want to know more about the budget deal and how you can get involved as Congress makes decisions about federal spending? Join Voices for National Service and ServiceNation for an upcoming webinar on the current state of play in Congress.

 The webinar will take place on Monday, November 16th from 11:30-12:30pm ET. 

 

 

 

Thank you for diving in. We can get this done together!

 

Yours in service,


AnnMaura Connolly
President
Voices for National Service